How does it make you feel?
Panic? Doubt? or Excitement? Possibility?
I was working with my Mindset & Manifestation Coach (everyone needs a coach to bounce ideas off, let off steam too and to put your mind back on track) anyway, she had asked me what did I think had been stopping my in developing my life coaching business.
It was a tough question.
I know what I can offer.
I have the certificate I wanted (I didn’t need it).
I have amazing plans for self study, group and 1:1 coaching programmes that I know will really help women to push through their own blockers and discover who they are meant to be.
When I give myself permission to release my creativity I can create amazing coaching ideas that will literally change lives…
After considering her question and being convinced that I didn’t have any blockers other than time, I left her a voicemail. Now I cant exactly remember what I said but I guess I waffled enough to open up and talk about the personal blockers that may be affecting me. And they affect many women.
The funny thing about advice like this in a coaching scenario is that if someone made the same statements to me I would know exactly how to help them to overcome their limiting beliefs and how to help them to push through their blockers. But, how often do we really take our own advice!
In her reply there were two words that she said at least 10 times. And they really stuck with me… what if?
Without really considering it, I guess I often associate the ‘what if’ with a negative outcome. What if I fail? What if no one buys my programmes?
For that brief moment, I forgot that What If’s can be positive AND negative.
What if you win the lottery? What if my coaching programme gives you the confidence you have been missing? What if I can help women to change their lives and really achieve their impossible? What if I make a difference? What if…
All of a sudden, even writing this now I am overcome with a wave of positivity and motivation. I want to sit up all night pushing ahead with my first Achieve your Impossible coaching package.
What if all your dreams come true?
One of the key techniques in overcoming a negative mindset is to counter attack those limiting beliefs and using What Ifs is a great way to do this.
Call to Action
What’s stopping you?
- Take a piece of paper or in your journal and draw a line down the middle.
- Write down 5 statements that are stopping you from pushing forward either in your business, work or in your personal life? If possible start them with ‘What if….’
- Done? Cant think of 5, no problem. Just put as many as you can down.
- Next – read them back and say them out loud… does that feel good? No, of course it doesn’t.
- Now, on the opposite side of the page I want you to start again with the What if… but this time I want you to write the exact opposite of your negative statement.
- What if… I fail to hit my sales targets? – becomes – What if I smash my targets and get an even bigger commission? What could I buy?
- What if…no one buys my new coaching programme? – becomes – What if I get a massive take up and max out my coaching spots? What if my coaching changes peoples lives and they love it?
Powerful isn’t it.
Now, read out ONLY the positive statements… go on. Repeat them. Now cross out each of the negative limiting belief.
So, WHAT IF these two words could change your life?